Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!

DSCN1044

DSCN1042 IMG_0457 IMG_0460 IMG_0465

Since Nate had to work on Mother’s Day, we stayed home from church and waited for him to get off to spend the rest of the day together.  We had a nice lunch at Bonefish and followed this up with some pictures outside.  We never got the “perfect” picture where everyone looked at the camera at the same time, but each picture had the boys making some great faces and looking happy, which is perfect to me.  Since we came in two cars, Nate took the boys to run some errands and I drove home in a quiet car.  It’s not often my car is quiet, so I decided to drive around the neighborhood, I turned down one street and saw the largest snake, looked like a rattlesnake, stretched at least halfway across the road as it was trying to cross to the other side.  Of course I didn’t take a picture, I don’t need a picture, I can still see it clearly in my mind…and when Nate asked why I didn’t run over it, I had 2 very good reason…first, it was big enough that the thud would have made me sick, and second, I would have had to get back on the interstate for an hour to make sure it was completely off my tires!! Instead I drove home and have no intention of walking on that side of the neighborhood any time soon (since this is the 2nd large rattlesnake I’ve seen over there, plus I also stopped to talk to a neighbor who told me that she sees them all the time on that side and just turns and walks the other way!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment