My little blond guy turned three today! Hard to believe that Asa Jack was only about 10 months when we moved here, he wasn’t walking or talking. Now he doesn’t stop moving (as you can tell from the blurry pictures/pictures of the top of his head) and totally surprises me with the things he can say. (Although the best is when he says “I love you, mommy” out of the blue!) He likes to play with his brothers, but still enjoys playing alone too. When we are with friends, he will often seek out the quietest place to play (which is funny when I find him quietly playing with the dolls and dollhouse, while the bigger kids are off being loud).
Asa is learning his colors, but he can tell you the sounds that most letters make. The one color he seems to know is pink…on our car ride home from Disney, a cup of coffee spilled all over his backpack. I wasn’t sure if the stains would come out, or if I would ruin the backpack trying to wash it. I told Asa that if it still looked bad after cleaning it, I’d get him a new one…He said “A PINK one!” Thankfully the stains pretty much came out and we didn't have to find a pink boy backpack :)
To celebrate Asa’s 3rd birthday, we made the Pioneer Woman’s chocolate sheet cake and then let the boys decorate it with candy. We’re planning a party later, so we kept things small at home. After dinner, he opened his presents. Every time I asked what he wanted or what kind of party he wanted, his answer was “Cars 2!” So his grandparents gave him some Cars duplo blocks, a car set and cups with cars 2 characters, and we found him more cars and a book. I even put a lightning mcqueen and towmater on his cake (and they were wearing Mickey and Goofy hats!). We also gave him a cat keyboard, Asa loves music…listening to it, watching other people play instruments, and playing it himself. But the highlight was the rokenbok dump trucks and building sets that Daddy found…something that all three boys will enjoy! Looking forward to another fun year!
No comments:
Post a Comment