About five months or so ago, I signed up for the Epcot Wine and Dine half marathon. And after a very hot summer of running, running, and running some more, it was time to see if all the long, hot outside (or long, boring treadmill) runs were worth it. We got to our hotel late Friday night and then spent Saturday trying to take it easy. We did have to go by the runner’s expo to pick up my number and some other things. The boys hi-fived the geico gecko, you can see Asa standing on the chair, his head is behind the gecko’s hand. Then later, Kaden and I took some pictures by the posters…I like the one where he looks like he is trying to run with the dwarves…
We went back to the hotel and rested, and the boys Grandparents came by and picked up Asa Jack and Kaden and took them to Sea World and to spend the night at their house! After a while, we headed over to Epcot where Nate and Ari dropped me off and I took a bus to the start line….
I didn’t have any problems getting on a bus but then had to wait over an hour at the staging area for the race to start, and it was kind of cool out so that wasn’t fun. (But I heard rumor that some people had to wait over an hour for the bus, so it was better my way). We started in waves, I was in the second group to go, as each group started, there were fireworks! Chef Mickey and Minnie were waving at the start line, and all along the route were characters, parade floats and entertainers. I didn’t take any pictures during the run, because my cell phone camera doesn’t take good pictures in the dark. We ran through Animal Kingdom and MGM and I really wanted a picture of the guy from UP and lightning mcqueen, maybe next time! There were so many runners (over 10,000, and a lot of them in funny costumes), and the water stops were so well organized for the most part. The first 10 miles or so were lots of fun, then I hit a wall and the last few miles were rough, but I did it, crossed the line in 2:35:14, which was way better than I was hoping. I was just going to be glad to finish! Nate and Ari were there at the finish, although I must’ve walked another mile to find them! We walked around Epcot for a little while, the cheddar cheese soup was a nice way to warm up. But we were exhausted, Ari had already passed out when I finished, so we headed back to the hotel around 2AM and slept!
No comments:
Post a Comment