Proof that I sometimes I cook food that’s healthy…actually we cook healthy food a lot, I just prefer to bake! We’ve been trying to make it to the farmer’s market downtown every weekend and have gotten all sorts of delicious vegetable and stuff you can’t find at Publix. We have tried white eggplant…so good! Earlier this year, there was an eggplant shortage, you couldn’t get one around here, even at restaurants because the weather had taken out the crops. I was going through eggplant withdrawal so I’m now making up for it by buying eggplant every week…we’ve had eggplant parmesan, baked eggplant, eggplant pasta, eggplant pizza..yum! I’ve bought lots of basil too, much better than what Publix sells, and it’s still growing on my porch.
Anyway, the other thing I’ve found is a booth with all sorts of little tomatoes, in reds, greens, oranges, even chocolate colored. I’ve made several things with the tomatoes…including this pasta salad with smoked gouda, tomatoes and basil from the Pioneer Woman’s website that is delicious. The picture is of marinated tomatoes, these were really good, made a whole lot though. (and while I’m listing off PW recipes, my new favorite, better than Starbucks’ coffee, recipe is this iced coffee recipe which I either make with milk or half and half and flavored syrup or I sweeten it with this sweet cream).
No comments:
Post a Comment