Thursday, July 14, 2011

Music in the Square

IMG_2019 This evening the boys, Kimberly, and I headed downtown for the weekly concert and to have a picnic dinner while Nate was at work.  Based on the clouds and the weather map, it looked like storms were coming, but we decided to try it anyway.  We picked up barbeque, the boys had a great time dancing and the music was good too.

IMG_2021

At the intermission, the clouds looked closer, I thought I felt a few drops of rain, and then right as the announcer said something along the lines of “the music will keep going as long as the weather holds out and I’ve been in contact with the local weatherman and he says we should be good” there was a bright lightning flash and an almost instantaneous crack of thunder…yikes!  Not sure what map our weatherman was looking at, but it must have been for another state, maybe another country, because he was flat out wrong..(not that that’s a surprise, how often has the weather report shown less than a 50% chance of rain and you look out the window and it’s pouring, and continues for hours…you’d think then they would update it to a 100% chance!).  Anyway, we packed up super fast and hurried to the car…while other people just leisurely strolled out of the park (I guess they didn’t see the news report on the guy that was hit by lightning earlier in the week!).  We made it into the car just before the rain started coming down, Yea!

IMG_2020 IMG_2023 IMG_2026 IMG_2028-1

No comments:

Post a Comment