Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Toad

So we went out on the porch tonight, and there was a big toad out there (that's what happens when you leave the screen door open, frogs/toads/squirrels come in!). I called Kaden out to take a look, and the toad rolled over on his back. Kaden thought it was dead and was afraid to touch him. But when you looked closely, you could see it breathing. So I asked Kaden to pick up the toad and take it outside. Kaden was still scared of it, so he picked it up by the skin on his back, the poor toad! He then dropped it outside, the toad never jumped. I was starting to think maybe it was dead after all, when Benji came out and sniffed it. The toad took off at lightning speed. I think the toad knew that the real danger was with the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment