Friday, May 28, 2010

Eatin' with a fork

So Asa Jack has figured out how to eat with a fork and thus is now insistent that he has a fork at every meal. The other night we were eating pizza and he had his piece on his high chair tray and was happy...until I sat down with my piece and a fork. He then started to cry and point (since of course he can't say fork yet) and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. I though it was because I closed the pizza box or maybe he wanted salt, then I figured it out..."do you want a fork Asa?"...and he started nodding "yes!" I handed him my fork and the tears stopped immediately. He puts the food on his fork then right in his mouth! (and this is also noteworthy because up until now he only shook his head 'no,' never 'yes').
So these pictures are from lunch at a restaurant, he even wanted to put his tiny little muffin on his fork to eat it. Then when the macaroni and cheese came out he handed me his fork for each bite since the noodles were kind of slippery. He did such a great job. And now we're not getting quite as much food in the hair, although it still ends up there!

And Kaden wanted me to take his picture too...silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment