It was cold, but bearable today, so we took the kids to the playground...except the sun was setting and then it go cold! Asa Jack had a great time on the swings (and he did have on jeans, although this makes it look like shorts).
Even Kaden turned to give me a smile =)
This was a pretty neat seesaw, it was weighted, so you could even do it by yourself.
We then headed home and relaxed to bring in the New Year. The kids went to bed, Nate was reading or sleeping or something and I was watching a TV show that I wanted to see the end of, but I forgot about the time difference, so we completely missed seeing the ball drop in New York. Instead, about the time we were going to give up and go to bed, we decided we could make it to midnight and watched the Pensacola Pelican Drop. That's right, the pelican drop (who apparently didn't have eyes or a mouth, the reason being something along the lines of allowing you to make up your own story, whatever that means!). The news coverage alone provided plenty of entertainment, poor local TV station. The reporters were getting mobbed by the crowds, there wasn't a cameraman even close to the pelican, but this was only the second time they had dropped the pelican, so I guess there's hope for next year! (FYI, no real pelicans were harmed in the drop!)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:
Post a Comment