Saturday, February 4, 2012

Double Bridge Run

This was my first year running the double bridge run, it’s a fun race, apparently in past years it’s been really cold on race day, but as you can see from the pictures, it was warm today.  All four of my boys came out to watch me start and later we joked that I didn’t finish first since there were Kenyans in the race!  The first bridge wasn’t too bad and I was happy with my pace at the 10K point, but by the time I got to the bridge over to the beach I was pretty wiped out.  I should have listened to Kaden who told me that I should bring a cookie for a snack, when I told him I couldn’t carry it, he told me to put it in my lunchbox and bring it with me :)  Ironically at the finish were Publix chocolate chip cookies, which of course I shared with my boys!

IMG_0197 IMG_0198

No comments:

Post a Comment