Kaden has really enjoyed the science experiments at his homeschool group on Tuesdays, so we decided to start doing science more often at home. Today, we learned how to make butter, the boys and I put whipping cream into containers (some salt for Daddy who is always wondering why I only buy unsalted butter) and then started shaking. We watched as it turned first to the consistency of whipped cream and then as the fat stuck together it became solid butter. My book said it would take about 15 minutes, I think that is only the case if you shake it hard for the entire time, instead it took us a little while longer, as little arms tired out and I was recruited to help! Even Ari gave it a try, first I tried to give him just water in the container, but he quickly figured out that it wasn’t the same as his brothers, so I went ahead and gave him some cream :)
Monday, January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment