Friday, February 11, 2011

6 months old

You’d think by the third baby I’d be used to how fast they grow up, but as much as I enjoy each stage, it’s still a little sad to not have a little newborn baby anymore.  Not that Ari is a big baby by any means!  But we are starting solid food this week, and he’s so close to sitting up…and Asa is talking and wanting to do everything himself…and Kaden is only 2 months from turning 5!!!  And so it goes…

IMG_0943The cute blanket that we’ve taken all the boys pictures on, well it’s starting to show signs of wear.  I’ve only washed it once (on delicate), maybe twice, because I’ve really only used it for pictures … and was so disappointed to see that it was coming apart after it came out of the washer.  Parts of it are barely staying together now although you can’t tell in the pictures, but it is time to replace it…and since the older boys are moving to bunk beds with matching quilts, I found a cute quilt for Ari.  (But since I had his name embroidered on it, it will mean another blanket for future children, although that’s ok!)

IMG_0951IMG_0945  IMG_0947IMG_0949   IMG_0950

Ari did great at his 6 month well check today…he’s up to 15.19 pounds and 25.25 inches, putting him at the 12th percentile on a regular growth chart.  If we plotted him on a growth chart for preemies and nursing babies, however, he would be bigger. He only cried for a few minutes when he got his shots, I felt so bad for him, he was happy playing with a toy and when the needle went in, it scared him and he burst into tears.  But with his mouth wide open I was able to see the beginnings of what might be a tooth or what might have just been a white dot that will go away (his brothers had teeth by this point, but I’m okay with him taking longer, it makes nursing easier!).  He continues to try to sit up on his own and still loves his big brothers. 

Lately he has been eating all the time, ~every 2 hours, and if I walk into the room and daddy is holding him, well then it must be time to eat again!  We are still enjoying using cloth diapers…especially how cute he looks in them as you can see here…

IMG_0953

No comments:

Post a Comment