Monday, March 1, 2010

three little pigs

Kaden has been really into the the three little pigs story lately, sometimes we read it from the book and sometimes I tell it from memory. There's even a Laurie Berkner song about the pigs, and that leads to Kaden singing some of the story...it's hilarious! He sings the part, "not by the hair of my chinny,chin, chin" except he gets it a little confused and says "not by the chin of my chinny, chin, chin." And he says "I'll huff and I'll huff and I'll blow your house in" (he sings that last part too). And he's become very concerned about the big bad wolf and how he could get in the house, because one version talks about the wolf coming down the chimney and landing in a pot of boiling hot water. Kaden calls this the "chim-a-ney" and I've had a tough time explaining why our gas fireplace doesn't have a chim-a-ney!

No comments:

Post a Comment