Sunday, June 24, 2012

Trip to the mountains

IMG_0544

We drove up to the Asheville area for a wedding this weekend.  Kaden was the ring-bearer in Nate’s cousin Laurel’s wedding, which was neat because Nate was the ring-bearer in Laurel’s mom’s wedding when he was little.  On our first day there, we were excited to be able to visit with my Aunt Mary and Uncle Jim, we had some really good pizza and then boys had a great time walking around and exploring!

IMG_0545 IMG_0546 DSCN1084 DSCN1085

During the trip, we stayed in a house in the mountains with Katie and Joel and the cousins.  The boys really enjoy getting to spend time with their cousins and we don’t get to do it often enough! The view from the back porch was beautiful…

IMG_0547

Our first night, we were able to see lots of family we hadn’t seen in a while.  The next day we went out to lunch and later on was the rehearsal, but poor Asa fell asleep on the way there, and he gets kind of grumpy when he doesn’t wake up on his own.  So we waited a while in the car and then sat outside while he woke up….see he wasn’t very happy…

IMG_0549

But Kaden did such a great job at the rehearsal…

DSCN1091 DSCN1092

The next morning, Ari and I spent some time outside on the porch swing...he thought it was great~

IMG_0556

Then Nate, Kaden, and Ari headed over to the church for Kaden to get ready, after they dropped Asa and I off at a little shopping area where I ate lunch and Asa ate ice cream :)  I had a delicious grilled pimento cheese sandwich with bacon, and then since we were still waiting, finished up with a berry cobbler, which of course I shared with Asa!

IMG_0558 IMG_0561

Knowing that the wedding was right around naptime, and not wanting to spend the whole time sitting outside, I brought the ipad in for Asa to play on, it made his day!  And I was able to see a very cute toothless Kaden all dressed up and handsome, next to his cute also toothless cousin Eden!  They both did a great job standing in front of the church through the ceremony!

DSCN1098

DSCN1093 DSCN1094 DSCN1095 DSCN1096 DSCN1099

After the ceremony and more pictures, we headed to the reception.

DSCN1101 DSCN1103

By this point, the boys were pretty much done with pictures…oh well!

DSCN1104 DSCN1105 DSCN1106 DSCN1107 DSCN1109 DSCN1110 IMG_0567 IMG_0569

The next day we headed back home, made the drive without stopping overnight, we were ready to be back in our own bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment