For some crazy reason, I enjoyed my first half marathon so much, I signed up for another and after having run two, I have decided that Mickey Mouse makes running fun and he should really be at every race! This time I ran in a local half marathon, I had caught a cold a few weeks before that was really rough to recover from, and unfortunately I wasn’t back to 100% by race day even though I had continued to train. So I felt it…at mile 3, with 10 to go…made for a not so fun run, and it was warmer than I had been hoping…if only Mickey and Minnie had been there (although it made my day that a friend of mine was waiting for me at the 6 mile mark to cheer my on…and boy was I tempted to follow her home instead of going on). But I did it, slow and steady, only 4 minutes longer than the last one, but it felt like hours! And my boys were there at the finish, Kaden crossed the line with me, poor Asa Jack wanted to run too, but by then I just needed to cross the line so I could stop moving! And since I’m probably crazy, I’ve decided to keep up the training and hopefully run another one in January!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment